Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The remains of the day

It has been a day of low activity and high anxiety. The depth of the workload swells as its sister anticipation dissipates. They are locked, two points plucking the same mathematical string and meeting each other's vibrations amply. They are indirectly proportional entities. They are driving me crazy.

Though I would have the reader believe I would rather be doing anything but earning my keep, the truth of the matter is that while at work I much prefer to work. Goofing off, or "sitting on my ass not doing anything" sounds appealing, but due to a complex system of guilt that has been instilled at birth and cultivated over time by a close-knit family and an orthodox Catholic upbringing I lack the ability to wantonly cruise the Internet free from the bondage of my morality. Or, perhaps more likely, I'm just too damn afraid of being caught.

And yet, in spite of a felt obligation to advance my company further along the road to profitability and continued reinforcement of the same by my code of ethics, here I am blogging it up to the world. I would appear to be more satisfied by discussing the problem openly than by solving it. This is an interesting revelation, indeed. Could it be true? Could I really have arrived at the "shit or get off the pot" moment for the day? Convenient, then, that I go home in little less than a half an hour. Pour the wine, mates, the day is nearly done!

No comments: